Thursday, March 8, 2012

No stopping us now...

Today was one of the best days we've had as a family in a while. My birthday is on Saturday and I told Mike all I wanted was to spend a day at a theme park. We go to theme parks a lot but I just think you can never get enough of them! Marley has been to Disney World a whole lot of times in her short little life. She has always been such a good "theme park kid." She loves rides. She loves shows. She loves animals. She doesn't even mind waiting in line. We always felt so lucky that she was so good when we took her places. I've been wanting to take her and the babies to the Zoo or Busch Gardens for a few weeks now. My husband wasn't quite as anxious as me to take three 9 month old babies out all day to a place that is totally outside of their norm. But, I wanted to go to a theme park for my birthday so guess who won?? And it was awesome. We had so much fun and the babies were so incredibly good. I still can't believe they behaved so well. Not one single tear, no meltdowns, no fussing. Nothing! They looked a little worried when we first got there. A LOT of people kept approaching us and asking questions and talking to them and getting right up in their faces and it was starting to scare them. I took Marissa out for about ten minutes and she had the tightest grip on me that she possibly could. Jack fell asleep within five minutes and slept the first hour or so. That's my Jack. Makayla was fine just sitting up by her brother and holding her juice cup for dear life at first. I think they really had no idea what was going on. People asked to take pictures of them. People brought their kids up to them. I must have heard the expression that moms of multiples hear ALL of the time, "Your hands sure are full!!!" atleast 50 or 100 times in the first couple of hours. I honestly couldn't say how many times we were stopped, pointed at, given sympathetic looks or told how blessed we are. But, it's part of life now and I have learned how to just smile and keep walking and not let them stop me. If I do stop, the crowds swarm, and it's hard to get away. I am so proud of my babies for how well they behaved today. It was definitely a risk. These babies aren't nearly as "cultured" as your average 9 month old baby. Other than their pediatrician's office, the mall and a few other places, they really haven't seen much. So, asking them to sit in a stroller for the entire day, where it's 20 degrees warmer than what they are used to, eating and napping at different times, and then dealing with a million new faces that want to see the spectacle that is triplets up close and personal time after time after time, is asking a lot and they had every right to fuss a little. But they didn't. And that is so awesome because we realized we can still have a really fun day at a theme park with all kids in tow. Getting everyone ready and getting all the bags packed was quite a task, but it was well worth it. And, the new stroller is so awesome. It is much easier to steer and turn than the previous one and I think the babies were so comfortable because they had each other nearby. Even at home, they stick together. They are all best friends and who better to have by your side than your best friend when you are face to face with a cheetah? Or just a bunch of strange people who seem to think three babies at a theme park is the best attraction there is.

Marley & Kailey...BFF's
The girls LOVED the log flumes
Mike & Joe taking the girls
Tired out!
These girls had a blast!
Being cute is quite tiring

Lunch break










Tyler and the triplets waiting for their big sisters to ride



No comments:

Post a Comment