Friday, December 16, 2011

Time to get my running shoes on

During one of my sonograms with the triplets, we got a shot of their three heads together. I said back then that they were plotting something. I now know what it was. Who can get to the Christmas tree fastest? Or maybe, who can get to big sister's room fastest? Or quite possibly, who can distract mom long enough for the others to get in the playroom and get toys that aren't theirs? My babies are mobile and chasing them down is an all day thing. At first, I could lay on the floor and block them in with my body. But, I am now just seen as a challenge or maybe even as a speedbump, and they just see who can get over me the fastest. They have exploring to do! So, needless to say, Santa will definitely be bringing a pen this year. Today my babies turn 7 months old. It's hard to believe. They are so much fun now and it's exciting to see who will do what each day. Both girls are crawling and Marissa is pulling up on things. Jack can inch around on his tummy and get up on all fours and rock and hop, but he usually just ends up rocking himself to sleep. He would be happy if I just let him jump in his bouncer all day. When he gets tired, he just closes his eyes and goes to sleep. That boy can sleep anywhere. They are doing wonderful with their schedule and bedtime has gotten so much smoother. They are all eating two meals a day and so far they like everything! No picky eaters here :)  Atleast, not yet. Yesterday I changed ten #2 diapers so I guess their digestive systems are working just fine with all the new foods! Anyone who thinks 2 or 3 bad diapers in a day is a lot, just come my way. You will go home feeling lucky! We went and got Christmas pictures last weekend and they actually went pretty good. I was just hoping for one good family picture. It was hard, because the room we were in was so hot and all of the kids were dressed up. Plus, they only had one photographer who was attempting to get everyone's attention and then put the camera to her eye and take the shot. But, we did get a few and everyone cooperated pretty nicely. Marley had her school Christmas play and it was just the most adorable thing. Watching her do things like that make me so proud of her. She got up there and sang and danced and was just the cutest little Rudolph ever. I took the babies to watch her and she was telling everyone those were her sisters and brother. She is such a great big sister. We also got to take her to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas this week and she had a great time. She is really at such a fun age and I wish we were able to do more with her, but before we know it, all 4 kids will be out having fun together. I love watching the babies discover and figure out new things and can't wait to see what they will learn during this month of their lives.

Marissa & Makayla...looking more alike all the time

My happy babies

Marley & Noah headed to see Mickey!

Jack

Marley's school Christmas program

My beautiful girl

Double trouble

Marissa thinking she's funny. Time to move the mattress down already!
Jack jumped himself to sleep

2 comments:

  1. I love that they are getting into everything!!! Just kidding :) It really does surprise me how much faster girls learn to me mobile than boys. I've always heard it but it didn't really stand out until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you just wait! The girls are just really motivated, lol. Marley was the same way. Jack will randomly show interest in doing things, but the majority of the time he's a lazy bones :)

    ReplyDelete