Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011....A Year for the Record Books!!!

As 2011 comes to a close, I figured I would write a little about this amazing year. It was full of ups and downs, super scary times and super wonderful times, but all in all it's times that I will never, ever forget. The beginning of the year was scary, with our concerns over Makayla. The doctors were so pessimistic about her chances and made it seem like she had almost no chance of surviving. I remember talking to this little girl every day, willing her to fight for herself, and I know so many people prayed for us- and for her specifically- and it worked! In March, I had my 30th birthday, which was spent in bed and throwing up most of the day, but I really didn't care. There will be plenty more birthdays to celebrate. In May, Mike celebrated his birthday, which happened to fall on Mother's Day, and it was our last outing at a restaurant for awhile! And of course, on the 16th, my beautiful triplets were born. I think about May 15th & 16th all of the time. Usually daily. I replay the night before and morning of the babies' birth over and over. It still seems unreal at times. In some ways it seems like yesterday and in other ways it seems ages ago. In August my little Marley turned three. It's such a fun age. Don't get me wrong, you always think your babies/kids are fun, but age three is the best yet. She says such funny things and we just don't know where she gets it from. She is the most amazing big sister. She loves her babies and helps us out so much. She helps me bathe them, feed them, even change poopy diapers. And it's all because she wants to, not because I ask her to. She is still a wild child though and a complete daredevil. My brother, who has twin boys, always says they were never as wild as her. She's just fearless. Please don't let the triplets follow in her footsteps! October was a really rough month, with the loss of Mike's brother Tim. We think about him every day, as we always will. November and December went by really quickly. Marley and the babies had a great Thanksgiving & Christmas. Watching the babies learn and develop has been amazing. In just 7 short months, my babies have really grown up. They are well ahead of what the doctors expect them to be and other than the girls' being a bit small, you would never know they were preemies. I am very excited for 2012 as they celebrate more "firsts," but 2011 will always be one for the record books.


Marissa 7 months ago...

and now

Jack 7 months ago...

and now

Makayla 7 months ago...

and now

Christmas hats!

Marley a year ago

and now

It's been a wonderful year. Thank you to all who have helped us , prayed for us, visited us, sent us stuff, or anything else I'm leaving off. We have wonderful friends and family that we will always be grateful to. Sometimes I don't know if we would have made it without you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment