Saturday, June 14, 2014

Celebration!

     I have so much to catch up on....again!! And the best part is that it is all good news. The first thing I want to talk about is the big celebration we had for my mom's victory over breast cancer. I wanted to do something special for her to honor how strong she was during all of her treatments. Her chemotherapy really made her sick and then the radiation burned her skin very badly. She also had two surgeries in the beginning of it all that were very hard on her. After finishing all of that I felt that a party was in store!! So around February I started planning a big SURPRISE party for her. We invited all of our family and her friends (and Lord knows she has a lot of them!) I was so worried somebody would tell her and a few times she said or did something where I was certain she knew. My Aunt and Grandma helped me plan the food and get all of the party supplies and we used my Aunt's church for the celebration. We told my mom that on April 19th my Aunt's church was having a Mother-Daughter Banquet that we were all attending. Instead she walked in to a little under 100 people wearing pink in honor of her!!! And she was so surprised! The food was good, the music was good but the fact that we were there celebrating my mom's defeat over cancer was perfect. I am so grateful to everyone who came and helped celebrate with us. It was truly one of the most special evenings ever.

My mom walking around telling everyone hello

More party-goers

My mom with her life long friend

The Trombetto's


Dessert!

I see a whole lot of pink!

Marley couldn't wait to greet Mimi!



My friend Paula custom made all of our shirts!!



Patty & my mom

The Zhendubayev Family

Rosie & Katelyn

The Party Invitation!  (also designed by Paula)

My Mom, Grandma, Uncle Larry & Aunt Jo

Wes, Shannon, Kiara, Keanu, Kaden & John

The Camille Family

Roger & my mom...Roger is currently fighting cancer and needs prayers. He will defeat it!

The moment she walked in!


The Woss Families with my mom
Our Family
My favorite :)

The Lindberg Family


 
 There were many, many more people and photos I have not posted here. My mom's friend Rick was there taking photos and he set up a special room for everyone to have their family photo done with a special backdrop that turned out great. Thank you all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment