Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Birthday Time....And a New Look!

Today is Mike's birthday. I would say the person in the house most excited about this is Marley. She knows that the order goes daddy's birthday, the babies' birthday, her cousin's birthday and then her birthday! So, each birthday that can get checked off the list and therefore bringing hers closer causes a whole bunch of 4 year old excitement. We are working on a tight budget these days with one income for a family of six and pretty much anything that can break seems to have broken in the past 2 weeks, so we kept it a nice, low-key fun time at home. Mike had to work so while the babies napped today, Marley and I made him his favorite kind of cake as well as a batch of brownies. Not good for our diets, but oh so delicious! We all played out back for about an hour after he got home from work and then came inside for baths and just played inside until bedtime. Marley and I went to pick up my mom this evening so she could come over and see everyone and we sent her home with some desserts for later. Happy birthday to Mike!!

I am working on a new look for my blog. It is turning out to be more of a pain than anything, but hopefully by time I am done it will be worth it. So, if you are on the page and it looks a mess, please just bear with me until I finish.

Tomorrow is my first day of field experience and I am so excited for it so off to bed for me....

Brownies and cake! Yum!! And yes, those are '33' candles ;)

Makayla sat on Mimi the entire time she was here

Helping dad open his present
My little baker

Showing off his Yankees doormat and steering wheel cover. Can't say I will mind wiping my dirty shoes on that mat!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment